Assistant Beacon Director
Salary: $60,000.00 Annually
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The North Brooklyn YMCA is seeking an Assistant Beacon Director who will be responsible for maintaining the day to day administration and supervision of the Beacon Center in partnership with the Beacon Director. The Assistant Beacon Director will share responsibility with the Beacon Director for hiring, training and supervision of staff and volunteers, program and budget development, and maintaining program quality and records.
- Hire, train, develop and directly supervise part time employees and volunteers and evaluate program staff. Provide staff orientation, professional development and conduct regular staff meetings.
- Develop, maintain and supervise the implementation of the Beacon Center programs which focus in physical, recreational and educational needs of participants including Saturday Recreation Program, Teen Programs, Rowe Scholars Programs and Adult and Evening Programs.
- Monitor purchases and inventory of program equipment/supplies.
- Prepare and monitor program budgets, payroll and other management tasks as required.
- Participate as necessary in Beacon Program, Branch, Association and DYCD Directors meetings, such as Youth and Family Team Meetings, Middle School Leadership Meetings, Y Schools Meetings and DYCD-Beacon Advisory Board.
- Maintain registration, attendance, surveys and questionnaires, and comply with School Age Child Care (SACC), Department of Education (DOE), Department of Health and Department of Youth & Community Development (DYCD) requirements.
- Ensure input of data in DYCDOnline.org, YouthServices.net and AS400 databases, and submit reports, in a timely manner.
- Organize special events and serve as staff liaison with school administration.
- Supervise sub-contracted programs, co-located programs, referral linkage and reciprocal agreements.
- Assist Beacon Director in developing DYCD Beacon Advisory Board.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Adhere to all Department f Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience developing and implementing youth programs, staff training and development.
- Knowledge of youth / adolescent growth and development.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to teens as a positive adult role model.
- Experience in marketing, budgeting, and SACC licensing procedures.
- Ability to handle multitask activities.
- Current CPR / First Aid / AED certifications.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, verbal and written skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Center in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities