McBurney YMCA Branch Hours
Mon-Fri: 6:00 AM-9:00 PM (last entry is 8:45 PM; Pool closes at 8:30 PM)
Sat-Sun: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM (last entry is 4:45 PM; Pool closes at 4:30 PM)
Group exercise classes, lap and family swim, basketball, family gym, and personal training are now available for McBurney YMCA members. Learn more about available activities, and download the YMCA of Greater New York mobile app to stay updated.
Please continue to follow us on our mobile app and social media for up-to-date information. Thank you!
- Child Watch
- Indoor Group Exercise
- Personal Training
- Adult Basketball
- Teen Access
- Family Gym
Know Before You Go
- Add your membership barcode to your mobile app for a contactless check in when you arrive at the facility
- Note our new hours (Effective April 4, 2022)
- Mon-Fri: 6:00 AM-9:00 PM (last entry is 8:45 PM; Pool closes at 8:30 PM)
- Sat-Sun: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM (last entry is 4:45 PM; Pool closes at 4:30 PM)
Group Exercise Classes
Indoor group exercise classes are now open! All classes are included with membership. Please bring your own towel and water bottle. See our schedule below. Learn more about what to expect.
Lap swim is organized swimming up and down the length of the pool repeatedly. Two swimmers at a time may split the lane for back and forth swim. Three or more swimmers in the lane at a time are required to circle swim.
Reservations are no longer required for swim sessions. Members can drop in during our scheduled lap swim times. Please see the below schedule for more details.
Please be aware of the following swim policies:
- Please bring your own towel and swim cap
- Please take a shower before entering the pool
- Teens ages 12-17yrs old who cannot pass a swim test must be accompanied by an adult 18 years and older and in the water at all times.
- Selected equipment is available to use. Please return when you are finished using.
- We encourage all members, program participants, and visitors to wear a mask when indoors.
- Locker rooms are provided for your personal belongings. Please bring your own lock.
- 5 people per lane circle swimming
- Please see new protocols in our FAQ
- YMCA Code of Conduct must be followed at all times.
Gives adults the opportunity to practice different swim techniques, water exercise or just relax in the pool. No lap swim during this time.
Wednesdays: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Thursdays: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Children will enjoy creative play in a fun, safe environment with our YMCA Child Watch Staff.
- Available for children ages 1 - 10 years
- This FREE service is available for Adult and Family McBurney and City-Wide members.
- Parents must remain on site during the duration of the child watch period.
- Child Watch is available only for parents who pre-register using our app. Please click on the time slot in the schedule below to reserve. Children may only be registered for up to two hours per day.
- Outside food or drink is not permitted, with the exception of water in a sippy cup or bottle labeled clearly with the child’s name. Parents must remain on site in the building at all times, and will be paged if children require a diaper change.
- Parents must present valid photo ID when signing their child in and out, and contact and emergency contact information will be requested.
If you experience issues with registering through the app, please contact us at email@example.com or (212) 912-2300.
Work out with a certified YMCA trainer who prioritizes your health and well-being while helping you achieve your fitness goals. Contact Robert to get started, or pick up where you left off. Click here for more information.
Basketball and Paddleball/Handball/Pickleball Schedules
Adults can drop in to play basketball - both shootaround and games. First come, first serve—no reservations necessary.
- Mondays 6:00PM-8:30PM
- Tuesdays 6:00PM-8:30PM
- Wednesdays 11:00AM-1:00PM
- Fridays 11:00AM-2:00PM (beginning 1/1/23)
Pickleball is Included FREE in your Y membership and takes place in the McBurney Y Gymnasium.
No experience is required. Just show up and play! Members who are already playing will show you the game.
Teen Access and Teen Fitness Center
If you have a teen membership, you can come in during the Teen Fitness Center hours:
Monday – Friday
10:00am – 5:00pm
If you are a teen on a family membership, you can come on your own during teen hours. If you come with an adult who is part of your family membership, you can come anytime the Y is open.