Salary: $22.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Dodge YMCA is seeking a Teen Advisor who will play a critical role in the successful operation of the teen programs. Under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, the Teen Advisor will play a critical role in the successful operation of the teen programs. The Advisor will monitor and supervise all in person teen services and programs, as well as occasional virtual programming. . Programming includes, service learning, community development, leadership, college readiness and outreach. In addition, they will be responsible for advertising and recruiting participants, ensuring proper documentation and reporting reports, and meeting program goals. Positions are available at the Branch. Teens programs operate from 3:00pm - 7:00 pm, Monday-Friday and during public school breaks.
- Ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of participants in the program by providing close supervision of all activities, and ensuring spaces are clean and supplies are well maintained.
- Understand, maintain, and ensure that participants follow Risk Management and safety procedures.
- Plan, create and facilitate in person lesson plans for all programs.
- Plan, create and facilitate virtual activities as needed using (name of online platform; i.e., Zoom/Google Classroom) as the platform.
- Manage administrative data entry in various systems including Youth Service.NET, coordination of participant paperwork, conducting program surveys, and all other requirements outlined by City agencies and in the YMCA’s Teen Standards and Program Charts of Work.
- Must be able to manage adolescent behavior with respect, maturity, compassion and encouragement.
- Develop positive relationships with the participants, their friends and family members.
- Ability to work cooperatively with professional staff and other departments.
- Create remote and in person environment that is diverse, culturally sensitive and relevant to the needs of teens.
- Assist in fund development endeavors for the Youth & Family Department.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. College credits preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with pre-teens and teens (10 years and older).
- General knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and (list online platform(s) used, i.e., Zoom/Google Classroom).
- Knowledge of Access, Adobe PageMaker and Photoshop preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday, and during public school breaks, from 3pm-7pm.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities