Salary: $19.00 - $21.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Chinatown YMCA is seeking a Program Aide will assist Case Planners in the administration of casework services in the Family Support Program. The incumbent will have the ability to create an environment that is culturally sensitive and relevant to the needs of the adolescents involved. Preferably the staff member should possess strong counseling/case management skills.
- Assist case planner in casework services.
- Assist case planner to facilitate group meeting and training for parents, Family Team Conference, FTC.
- Act as a liaison and collaborate with agencies that clients are involved with.
- Making referrals and doing follow-ups with community and sponsoring agencies.
- Work weekends and some evenings.
- Assist in crisis intervention as necessary; assist with the intake process and translations.
- Participate and attend unit meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Maintain professional relationship with staff, members, and outside community agencies. Collaboration of services with team and other agencies.
- Seek consultation and supervision from immediate supervisor and refer problems to supervisor for resolution.
- Maintain professional and therapeutic relationship with all clients.
- Utilize administrative channels in consulting with staff in units or departments and other community based organizations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; at least one year of college (preferably in the field of Education/Sociology/Psychology) is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with adults, writing and facilitating lesson plans.
- Group Skills, Leadership Skills and Youth Development Experience.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Mandarin and/or Cantonese is highly desirable.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application, and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities