Membership & Guest Rooms Coordinator
Salary: $20.00 - $25.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is seeking a Membership & Guest Rooms Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to ensure quality in all areas within the membership and guest rooms departments including; creating a positive member and guest experience, staffing, all administrative processes including point of sale transactions, systems and audit preparation. Assist with the overall management of the WSY guest rooms which includes coordinating of group stays, housekeeping, check ins, check outs, luggage room, etc. Must be available to work afternoons and weekends. The incumbent works with the Senior Program Director and Guest Rooms Director to provide leadership to both departments to achieve all goals.
- Conduct the daily audit of transactions that occurred on the previous day/s at the branch, including registrations, cancellations and holds.
- Handle guest booking, check-ins, and check outs.
- Handle in-person inquiries, calls and emails from members.
- Review and enter daily reservations from the various sources entering requests in HMS system.
- Pay close attention to detail booking correct room type and arrival/departure dates.
- Confirm reservations to operators and on-line sites as required.
- Represent as Guest Rooms point person when the Guest Room Director is not available.
- Run adult member renewal notice reports. Send out standard renewal notices for monthly memberships and annual invoices 6 weeks prior to renewal date.
- Assist the Senior Program Director with reviewing timecards in eTime.
- Serve as Manager on Duty for branch
- Review aging report (either sent by Association Office or downloaded from AS400) and cancel memberships over 60 days past due.
- Assist Senior Program Director to prepare for membership staff meetings (agenda, minutes)
- Prepare staff schedule for Senior Program Director’s approval.
- Assist Senior Program Director and Guest Rooms Director to hire, train and develop staff.
- Attend and participate in various branch and/or association events and meetings.
- Update table files.
- Handle purchasing and requisitions. Monitors/orders supplies, forms, membership cards, staff uniforms, etc.
- Schedule rentals and process payments.
- Be highly proficient in and role model all aspects of the Membership Experience Representative position.
- Attend and participate in required trainings (De-Escalating Difficult Situations, AS400, HMS).
- Take the initiative for personal and professional development by taking advantage of YMCA formal and informal opportunities.
- Conduct yourself according to the Y values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members
- Maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a fast paced administrative setting.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, word, and excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application, and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities